Today ive decided to share with you an incredibly simple and delicious recipe rogaliki (russian rugelach) with jam. Ive learnt it from my mom, so every time, preparing them in mykitchen, I recollect the days of my childhood. The dough comes out very soft and crumbly, similar to shortbread. The products of such dough can be formed at once, so it is very handy in usage. Except jam, you can use the chocolate chips, fresh berries and chopped fruits, nuts, dried fruit and boiled condensed milk to the fill the rugelach. If the filling is liquid enough, carefully nip the edge of products for it not to leak on a baking sheet. You will get about 50 small bagels of the specified amount of products. I must warn you, that they disappear from the table very quickly, so prepare the whole quantity.
1. Melt butter in a microwave or on a stove. As soon as it becomes liquid, immediately remove it from heat, the butter must not boil. Then throw it into a deep bowl and cool slightly.
2. Then add sour cream with average fat content to warm butter. Connect soda with vinegar and add it to the mixture.
3. Carefully mix the ingredients, ensuring uniform texture. Parts sifted flour to the mix by parts, mixing the batter each time until smooth.
4. The dough for bagels should be homogeneous, elastic and quite soft. If it sticks to hands and to a work surface strongly, add more flour.
5. The dough for bagels doesnt need time for proofing and cooling. For convenience, divide it into 6 parts. Roll one portion of the dough out into a circle with a thickness of 2 mm on a flour covered work surface.
6. Cut the circle into 8 equal triangle segments using pizza cutter.
7. Put a little of jam or fruit butter on the wide edges of each segment. To keep the stuffing from leaking, use thick jam or pieces of fruit from jam as I do.
8. Roll up our bagels gently, starting from wide edges.
9. Dip each bagel in granulated sugar and place on a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment.
10. Put the baking sheet with sweet bagels in a preheated to 180 degrees oven on an average level. Bake until golden brown approximately for 20-25 minutes.
11. Cool the ready rugelach with jam and serve them with tea, cocoa or milk.
Bon appetit and have a good day!
wheat flour - 500 g
butter - 200 g
sour cream with fat content of 15% - 200 g
sugar - 100 g
soda - 0.5 tsp
vinegar - 1 tsp
fruit or berry jam - 6 tbsp
Let’s arrange a theme party for coming holiday Halloween with delicious and «frightening» treats. I am sure your guests will appreciate such extra...
There are two kinds of people in this world: some of them go crazy on donuts, others... well you know. However, you can always find a compromise and m...
Everybody wants a recipe of a dessert with fresh berries and fruit — take it! Its time for pie, simple and easy to prepare, so you dont need much ti...
Very simple but tasty cookies with raisins, coconut and lemon zest....
Tarte Tatin is probably the most famous upside-down pie. It is very simple and incredibly tasty. Delicate crumbly dough, a layer of juicy apples, soak...