8-Layer Honey Cake (Medovik) with sour cream turns out very tender and flavorful. Thin soft cakes are perfectly soaked and just melt in your mouth. Optionally we can prepare two types of cream: sour cream and cream of boiled condensed milk. To decorate the cake, melt white chocolate in a water bath, then apply a smooth thin layer on a clean bubble wrap. After that, it must be put for an hour in a freezer for the chocolate to freeze. Then you need to remove the tape carefully and transfer the honeycombs of chocolate on the top of the (Medovik). Bees can be made of jelly, marshmallow or candies.
1. Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to boil. Reduce heat. Put a deep ovenproof bowl with softened butter on the top of the saucepan. Melt 100 grams of butter in a water bath to a liquid state.
2. Then add 250 grams of sugar to the butter.
3. Add liquid honey, you can use any sort that you like.
4. Thoroughly mix the ingredients. Connect baking soda with a tablespoon of vinegar and add it to the mixture.
5. Return the bowl with ingredients on a water bath. Steering, heat the mixture to make it white and increase in volume.
6. Remove the bowl from the water bath and leave it for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is cold. Then enter 4 eggs one by one, each time stirring the dough until smooth.
7. As a result, it will get a golden hue, as in the photo.
8. Now lets start to introduce the sifted flour. Better to do it gradually, in small portions. The amount of flour for the dough can vary depending on the size of chicken eggs and gluten free flour.
9. First mix the dough with a silicone spatula. When it becomes thick, put it on a work surface covered with flour and continue to knead it with your hands until smooth. The dough should be quite soft and may slightly stick to hands. Put it in a food package or wrap in foil and chill in the fridge for half an hour, this way it will be easier to work with it.
10. During this time, prepare cream. Combine softened butter and sugar. Add ground cinnamon and vanilla for flavor.
11. Beat the mixture into a soft mousse until smooth with a mixer. Then add one tablespoon of thick sourcream, each time whisking the cream until smooth.
12. Cover the finished cream with foil and put it in a refrigerator to cool and thicken.
13. Divide the chilled dough into 8 parts. Roll out one portion of the dough on a covered with flour surface into a thin circle with a diameter of 20-22 cm. Cut the edges with a knife.
14. Put the workpiece on a baking sheet, covered with flour. Pin the dough with a fork, this way it will not be deformed during the baking process.
15. Put the baking dish in a preheated up to 200 degrees oven and bake it for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
16. Thus bake all the cakes. Bake another (ninth) layer from scraps of the dough. Grind it in a blender to a state of crumbs and use to decorate the cake. Collect the cake. Coat each cake with two tablespoons of cream.
17. Apply the cream on the sides and top of the cake. Decorate the cake with crumbs. You can use chocolate chips or nuts to decorate it. Leave the cake in the refrigerator for 12 hours to steep. Serve it with tea or coffee.
wheat flour - 700 g + 100 g for dusting
eggs - 4 PCs
butter - 100 g
sugar - 250 g
honey - 2 tbsp
baking soda - 2 tsp
vinegar 9% - 1 tbspFor sour cream
butter - 250 g
sour cream with fat content of 20-25% - 500 g
sugar - 250 g
ground cinnamon - 0.5 teaspoon
vanilla - 0,25 tsp
Honey cake with cream of boiled condensed milk and cream comes out especially tender...
An extremely delicate cake «Queen Victoria» is a dessert, which wonderfully combines simplicity an...
If you want to please your beloved man, cook for him a cake «Mans ideal». Tender shortcakes with s...
Almost everybody is familiar with crispy chocolate cookies - «Oreo». But not everybody has tasted ...
Today we are going to fill your homes with this mysterious and dazzling magic of the East and to mas...
Do you love chocolate as much as I do?! ;) If yes, you are welcome to the chocolate heaven! Delicate...