Lets cook tender meat in the oven. The chicken soaks with the flavour of mustard sauce and becomes especially delicious and moist. You can serve this dish either without garnish or with rice or mashed potatoes. For this dish its better to use poultry meat on the bone – chicken legs, thighs or drums. Apart from white mushrooms you can add wild mushrooms which will make the dish even more delicious.
1. Wash and drain chicken thighs or drums with paper towels. Combine olive oil and butter. Wait until the mixture heat and put prepared meat into it.
2. Fry chicken things both sides until golden brown over medium heat. Then remove the meat into other dish and cover it with the cap to keep the chicken warm.
3. At the same time wash and peel the mushrooms, if necessary. Chop them into pieces of medium size.
4. Pour chopped mushrooms into frying pan where we fried meat. Stirring, cook mushrooms over medium heat until golden brown.
5. Peel the garlic cloves. If they are big enough, cut them half. Add garlic to the mushrooms and fry all ingredients for one more minute.
6. Then pour dry white wine, boil it off over medium heat until the smell of alcohol disappear.
7. After pour chicken broth and stir the sauce.
8. Add the mustard. It will give the sauce unique piquant flavour. Keep on cooking it for 5 more minutes to make ingredients take each others flavours.
9. Pour mustard sauce with mushrooms into heatproof baking dish. Add salt and black pepper if you like.
10. Put pieces of fried chicken in the dish and add thyme sprigs.
11. Cover the dish with foil paper and place it in the oven on the medium stage for 30 minutes. This time is enough to make the meat ready and at the same time remain it moist.
12. Serve the chicken hot poured with sauce and with mushrooms.
chicken (thighs, drums) - 1,5 kg
fresh white mushrooms - 200 g
garlic - 3 cloves
butter - 30 g
olive oil - 2 tbsp
chicken broth - 250 ml
dry white wine - 100 ml
mustard - 2 tbsp
fresh or dry thyme - few sprigs
salt - to taste
There are some dishes that stick in the memory from the first meeting, that make one want to taste it again and again. This will sure happen with you ...
Turkey with rice and vegetables is a recipe that is difficult to surprise someone with, but still, there is a chance. If you know all the secrets of h...
Pierogi with meat surely differs from ravioli :) Although, many people think that they are the same sort of thing. The difference between them is simp...