Turkey with rice and vegetables is a recipe that is difficult to surprise someone with, but still, there is a chance. If you know all the secrets of how to prepare the ingredients properly, then even the simplest dish can become unforgettable. We will definitely get the juicy pieces of turkey in a delicate sauce with mushrooms, fragrant grain upon grain rice and bright glazed vegetables.
1. Cut the turkey fillet into the equal pieces (its important for all the pieces to be ready at the same time). Do not make them too small, let them be the size of a cube with 2 cm edge. Pre-soak the turkey breast in a salt solution overnight (40 g of salt per 1 liter of water) to make it juicier, so we will not add salt to the meat during the cooking process.
2. Peel the mushrooms from the thin skins, remove the stipes and cut each cap in half. Put them aside.
3. Pour some plant oil in a cold saucepan and spread out a single layer of the turkey slices on the top. Traditionally, a fricassee is a stew of white meat in white sauce, so we need to par-cook the turkey, leave it pale, not crispy. For this purpose, cook on medium heat, turning the pieces over from time to time. Add the spices during the process.
4. Throw back the half of the turkey pieces on a colander.
5. Pour the excess of oil out of the pot, but leave there everything that stuck to the pan at the turkey cooking time. Heat the saucepan and pour in the broth, scraping intensively the bottom with a spatula.
6. Evaporate the broth slightly, add cinnamon, cumin and some salt. Pour some cream into the saucepan on a medium heat.
7. Bring the contents of the saucepan to the boiling point, lower the temperature and let the sauce evaporate a little.
8. Put the peeled and sliced turnips with cocotte carrots into a small saucepan. Pour some water to cover the vegetables fully , add a little sugar, salt and a tablespoon of butter.
9. Cover the vegetables with a cartouche and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes. The liquid will evaporate and the vegetables will become ready and get the desired glaze.
10. Boil the mushrooms in salted water with lemon juice and olive oil in another pan for about 10 minutes.
11.When the sauce in the saucepan evaporates for about a third, check it for species and add what you consider to be necessary. Thicken the sauce with introducing the starch diluted in cold water.
12. Send the sauce to the turkey and mushrooms, heat them all together, bringing the meat to the doneness.
13. Pour the olive oil into the saucepan, add cardamom and rice. Heat the rice over medium heat, stirring it from time to time.
14. Pour in water about the half volume of the rice. Add a little salt and cook on medium heat until the doneness, cover the saucepan with a cartouche for about 15 minutes. The water should evaporate and the rice will become fragrant and reach its readiness.
15. For surving put the rice in the center of the plate, make a «well» in the middle of it, put the turkey and mushrooms inside and pour the sauce. Put the glazed vegetables around (warm them up before serving).
500 g of turkey fillet
500 ml of chicken broth
200 ml of double cream
tablespoon of starch and some cold water
salt, freshly ground white pepper, ground cinnamon and ground cumin to tasteVegetable garnish:
2 small carrots
2 small turnips
150g of mushrooms
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of olive oil
some lemon juice
salt, freshly ground black pepperRice:
150 g of rice
10 green beans of cardamom