1. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan or in a pot. Season the guinea fowl with salt and pepper. Fry the fowl on all sides over medium heat until golden brown.
2. Clean and slice onions, carrots and celery. Slice bacon into medium-sized pieces as well.
3. Remove the fowl on a plate. Put the bacon into the same pan. Fry it until golden brown. Add vegetables. Cook it for about 10 minutes on a low heat.
4. Then add lentils. Pour broth and Sherry in. Place the fowl on the top.
5. Cover the pot with a lid and put it into a preheated up to 180 degrees oven. Bake for about 1 hour, periodically stirring the lentils.
6. 10 minutes before the readiness remove the lid to brown the fowl additionally.
7. Mix the prepared lentils with mustard.
8. Separately mix the sour cream with tarragon and a small amount of lemon juice. Serve as a sauce for poultry.
1 medium guinea fowl
100 grams of French lentils
100 g of bacon
1 stick of celery
100 ml of Sherry
approximately 200 ml of chicken broth
1 tbsp of mustard
salt, pepperIn addition:
100 g of sour cream
a little bit of fresh tarragon (finely chopped)