Pierogi with meat surely differs from ravioli :) Although, many people think that they are the same sort of thing. The difference between them is simple - ravioli are cooked from raw mince, while the stuffing of pierogi consists of meat boiled beforehand. And optionally, you can add onions, carrots and your favorite spices to the meat.
1. Boil the flesh of pork or beef in advance. To deepen the delicious flavor, throw a sprig of dill and spicy bay leaf. Cool the meat in the broth, retaining the juiciness of the fibers, grind in a meat grinder or a food processor.
2. Put a spoon of vegetable oil and half of the pod of a burning cayenne pepper in a pan, add chopped into small cubes onion and fry. Add the half of the sauteed mass to a grinded, boiled meat, keeping the rest for serving of the finished pierogi.
3. On the basis of an egg and two tablespoons of vegetable oil knead the dough for pierogi. Dont forget to season with salt a little, if it is a lack of moisture add some water.
4. Carefully knead the bun until soft, plastic texture.
5. Roll out the layer, press rounds with a glass or cut the dough into small pieces and stretch each piece to a round pellet with a diameter of about 10 cm.
6. Besides the sauteed onions and crushed spices add the chopped fresh herbs to the meat mixture. Spread the filling on the flour rounds.
7. Raise the edges of the rounds up, hiding the meat tightly and fasten the joints with your fingers.
8. For a strong "fixing" and for some decorative affect of the dish collect the waves of the edgings and weave "braids".
9. Cook the homemade pierogi with meat in the boiling and salted water, optionally bay leaf can be added. After the surfacing, through the pierogi on a colander or get them out one by one with a slotted spoon after 1-2 minutes.
Sprinkle the hot pierogi with meat with the remaining golden onions and herbs and set the table — Bon appetit!
Salads do not have to be boring! These recipes use grains, herbs and an array of fruit and veg to create colourful salads, perfect for packed lunches....
There is a great number of options for cooking chicken breast. But not each housewive can cook really juicy, tender and delicious chicken. ...
These six cakes will have you drooling at your desk. ...