Eclair – is a perfect cake, which will find a lot of admirers. This invention of french chefs has undeniable advantages: the minimum amount of dough, the maximum amount of cream. Golden sides of an eclair are a kind of a trunk that hides a delicious custard. The choux pastry is famous for its unusual and pleasant taste. The surfaces of the cakes are decorated with patterns of chocolate glaze.
1. To make eclairs we will need a modest set of products. When baking, the choux pastry dough undergoes an amazing transformation: the flattened strip of dough grows to a giant size, creating a shell of the future cake. And inside it is empty, this space is intended for the custard. The main task of a cook is to "force" the dough to grow.
2. Pour water in a small saucepan, put salt and butter.
3. Bring the liquid to a boil. We need to wait for the moment when the pieces of butter turn into a homogeneous yellow film floating on the surface of water. Typically this process takes 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove the pot from the heat, add flour very quickly, pouring it in a thin stream. Return the pan on the stove. Heat the dough for 2-3 minutes, constantly turning it.
5. Then, the dough should be cooled down, stopping at 70 degrees.
6. Beat eggs into the dough one by one, mixing the mass until smooth.
7. The result is a thick viscous batter. If the dough is not thick enough, the éclairs will not rise when baking.
8. Shift the dough in a pastry bag, squeeze out strips of the same size. The pan should be covered with a foil or baking paper.
9. Heat the oven up to 180 degrees, put the baking sheet with future eclairs. The baking time is 40 minutes, try not to open the oven door until ready cakes.
10. The custard is prepared from milk, eggs, sugar and butter. Flour is used as a thickener.
11. The taste and color of the custard will be better if you use eggs with bright yolks. Combine sugar and eggs.
12. Add flour to the egg mixture and stir.
13. Pour milk in a saucepan with a thick bottom, heat it.
14. Pour the prepared egg mixture into warm milk, stir.
15. Brew the custard for 5-7 minutes, achieving the desired degree of density. The heat should be minimal, stir the cream constantly while brewing with a wooden spoon or spatula.
16. Put a piece of butter into hot cream, stir intensively and leave it to cool.
17. Take the eclairs out of the oven, cool the cakes on a grill. Put cold cream into a pastry bag. Make the puncture in the soft side of the eclair with a nozzle, fill the internal space with cream.
18. Melt chocolate in a water bath, put in a pastry bag with a narrow nozzle. Draw chocolate patterns on each eclair.
19. Serve the cakes on a flat dish. The eclairs can be stored in a refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To prepare a cake-surprise for a beloved family is not difficult: you should just bake a delicious c...
The «Hummingbird» cake for the birthday party will not leave indifferent you and your guests. Deli...
Tiramisu is a famous Italian recipe. The word tiramisu is translated as «Lift me up!». Thats right...
Cruffin is a wonderful, extremely delicious and exquisite cake. It is a hybrid of a muffin and a cro...
It is a fairly simple dessert, that is perfect to be made of the stale pastries - brioche, sweet yea...