Todays recipe is very simple soup with an imposing name «Potage cultivateur», which just means «farmers soup» in translation. Half an hour of slow work, a little bacon, vegetables, aromatic spices and of course, butter, which French cuisine is so rich with. Definitely serve the soup with crispy toasted baguette, sprinkled with Gruar cheese - it goes perfect with «Potage cultivateur».
Put all the ingredients in a sheet of a leek, roll a tube and tie with a cooking string to make nothing fell out of Garni bouquet.
1. Remove cartilages and skin from bacon and cut it into cubes. Fry in a tablespoon of butter until golden brown.
2. Cut carrots into quarter rings, 2 mm thick, turnip - into small rectangles with a thickness of 2 mm, celery - also into equal parts of the same thickness. All the vegetables should be of about one size to be prepared evenly. Add carrots, turnips and celery to the bacon, stir and cover for 2-3 minutes.
3. Cut leeks into thin half-rings, put in a pan.
4. You can add a pinch of salt.
5. Pour 1 liter of water into a saucepan, put Garni bouquet inside. Bring to a boil, remove the foam.
6. Cut potatoes and turnips into identical pieces. Roll cabbage leaves into a tube and cut into thin strips. If you cut the vegetables for the soup in advance, the potatoes should be kept in water for not to darken.
7. Add the potatoes and cabbage in moderately boiling soup.
8. 5 minutes later add beans chopped into washers. I dont use the French names of the cuts, to make it clearer :)
9. Several minutes after the beans add peas and cook for another 1 minute.
10. Turn off the heat and mix a tablespoon of butter into the soup. Check the spices, if necessary add salt and freshly ground black pepper. Extract Garni bouquet. Leave the soup to stand for a bit, then serve.
a white part of a leek stalk with length of about 10cm
1 small carrot
1 small turnip
2 medium potatoes
1 stalk of celery
2 sheets white cabbage
2 tbsp of green peas (that should be unfreezed earlier, if frozen)
4-5 pods of kenyan beans
50 g bacon, one piece
2 tablespoons of butterFor Garni bouquet:
a green leaf of leek with a length of ~10 cm
3 stems of parsley
2 sprigs of fresh thyme
1 large bay leaf
a cooking string
salt, freshly ground black pepper
Salads do not have to be boring! These recipes use grains, herbs and an array of fruit and veg to create colourful salads, perfect for packed lunches....
There is a great number of options for cooking chicken breast. But not each housewive can cook really juicy, tender and delicious chicken. ...
These six cakes will have you drooling at your desk. ...