It not as complicated as it looks. This honey cake (Medovik) is so soft and fantastic. The honey baked into the cake layers pairs perfectly with the simple sour cream frosting.
1. Bring all the ingredients you keep in the fridge to room temperature.
2. In a large heatproof bowl beat together butter, eggs, sugar and honey with a whisk.
3. Bring the mixture to 60 C over a bain-marie while stirring frequently.
4. Take the bowl off the heat and add baking soda and lemon juce. Beat the mixture with a whisker for a minute, it should start foaming.
5. Stir in the flour using spatula.
6. Let the dough chill for 5-10 minutes, then split into 9-10 equal parts. It depends on the diameter of the cake. I usually make 10 layers for a 20 cm round cake and 9 layers for a 24 cm one.
7. Roll each part of the dough in a thin (2 mm) layer between a silicon mat and parchment paper.
8. Use a fork to prick each layer thoroughly.
9. Arrange a shelf in the middle of the oven and bake each layer for 5-6 min at 160 C. While the layers are still warm cut them in disks. You can use a knife and a plate for it.
10. Crumble the leftovers and keep for decoration.
11. Roughtly chop the chocolate, place it in a heatproof bowl and melt it over a slowly simmering bain-marie until the temperature reaches approx. 45 C.
12. Beat the cold cream until firm peaks cling to the whisker.
13. Add about 1/3rd of the whipped cream to the hot chocolate.
14. Pour the mixture over the remaining cream and fold in gently with a spatula to evenly blend the ingredients.
15. Gently fold white chocolate mousse into the sour cream.
16. Chill the cream for 30 min In the fridge.
17. Meanwhile spread the pecan nuts on a baking sheet, add salt and rost for 10 min (160 С)
18. While the nuts are hot stir in butter.
19. When cool chop the nuts and set aside.
20. Place one honey dough layer on a plate, spread approx 2 tbs of the cream and place another honey dough layer on top.
21. Repeat until you use all the honey layers.
22. Cover the entire surface of the cake with the rest of the cream.
23. Mix together honey layers crumble and choped nuts. Decorate the cake.
60 g white sugar
60 g brown sugar
110 g honey (I prefer buckweat or chestnut honey)
120 g butter
10 g baking soda
1 tbs lemon juice
400 g flourCream:
300 g heavy whipping cream
200 g white chocolate (this time I used Dulcey Valrhona)
300 g sour cream (30% fat)Decoration:
1 cup pecan nuts
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbs butter
Eclair – is a perfect cake, which will find a lot of admirers. This invention of french chefs has ...
To prepare a cake-surprise for a beloved family is not difficult: you should just bake a delicious c...
The «Hummingbird» cake for the birthday party will not leave indifferent you and your guests. Deli...
Tiramisu is a famous Italian recipe. The word tiramisu is translated as «Lift me up!». Thats right...
Cruffin is a wonderful, extremely delicious and exquisite cake. It is a hybrid of a muffin and a cro...
It is a fairly simple dessert, that is perfect to be made of the stale pastries - brioche, sweet yea...