Quiche Lorraine is a French open-faced pie with fried bacon and a mild cheese-cream filling. It seems completely simple, but it is so delicious!
1. Mix flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut butter into cubes and combine it with flour.
3. Grind flour and butter with your fingertips to make crumbs resembling sand.
4. Add eggs.
5. Knead a smooth dough. Of course, you can load all the ingredients into a food processor and knead the dough in it.
6. Finish it on the work surface, lightly dusted with flour.
7. Roll out the dough into a layer of 3 mm and sent to cold for 30 minutes.
8. After the refrigerator, let the dough soak for 5-10 minutes, wound it on a rolling pin.
9. Transfer the dough into a ring or a form. Gently press the sides and the bottom for the dough to be well formed. Along the edges make a small overhang over the bottom of the form.
10. Roll the rolling pin over the edge of the ring to remove the excess of dough.
11. Create a small elevation of the edges of the dough over the ring.
12. Pierce the bottom with a fork in several places. The sides can be decorated somehow if you want. I did a notching with a knife. Now it is important to send the form with the dough to the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
13. Spread the parchment on a chilled raw cake. Add the weight and put it into the oven pre-heated up to 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
14. While the cake is baking, cut bacon into neat cubes and fry it lightly. Put it on a napkin to remove the excess of fat.
15. Remove the parchment with weight from the cake, and send the form to the oven for another 10 minutes brushing the bottom with an egg beforehead. This will help to seal the surface of the dough and let it not to get wet from the toppings.
16. Cool the ready cake, spread the bacon on the bottom.
17. Grate the cheese.
18. Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and mix them with a whisk. I entrust this important task to my assistant :)
19. Spread the cheese over the bacon and pour cream and egg mixture. Sent in a preheated over 180 degrees oven and bake until the stuffing will seize and it will slightly shake, if you shake the pan. The colour of the quiche should be a delicious golden, if you see that the colour is reached, but the filling is still liquid, cover the quiche with a foil and bake until tender.
An apple pie is a classic pie with filling. This delicious pie is self-sufficient, but we decided to...
Tarte Tatin is probably the most famous upside-down pie. It is very simple and incredibly tasty. Del...
Very simple but tasty cookies with raisins, coconut and lemon zest....
Almond cookies or macaroons are a traditional treat for Christmas and New year. It is a delicate, ai...
Gentle Christmas cookies with jam are a favorite treat for children and adults at all times. The rec...
You will not be able to hold back the admiration, when you see these chocolate cookies with peppermi...