All the week Id been dreaming about a carrot pie! Yesterday I finally fulfilled my wish and made it. I think nowadays almost everyone knows that there is nothing terrible about the carrot pastry, but just in case I remind you, that it doesnt taste like carrots.
1. For the cakes: preheat the oven up to 160C. Grease with butter and lay with paper three forms with a diameter of 23 cm.
2. Beat sugar and oil with a mixer, add eggs one by one, continuing to whisk.
3. Sift dry ingredients into this mix, stir, add carrots and nuts.
4. Pour the dough into the prepared forms, bake for about 45 minutes until dry toothpick (the dough should not stick to it).
5. Cool the cakes completely on a grill.
6. For the custard: beat all the ingredients with a mixer.
7. Grease the cakes, sides and top of pie with the custard.
8. If desired, sprinkle with coconut.
9. Serve the pie cold or at room temperature.
2 cups* (400 g) of sugar
1 1/2 cups* (360 ml) of vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 cups* (240g) of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tsps of soda
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp of cinnamon
3/4 tsp of grated nutmeg
3 cups* (500 g) of grated on a fine grater carrots
1 cup* of chopped walnutsFor the custard:
4 cups* of powdered sugar
450 g of cream cheese
110 g of soften butter
4 tsps of vanilla extract*Volume of 1 cup - 240 ml, 1 tsp - 5ml, 1 tbsp - 15 ml.
Salads do not have to be boring! These recipes use grains, herbs and an array of fruit and veg to create colourful salads, perfect for packed lunches....
There is a great number of options for cooking chicken breast. But not each housewive can cook really juicy, tender and delicious chicken. ...
These six cakes will have you drooling at your desk. ...