Today we are going to fill your homes with this mysterious and dazzling magic of the East and to master the preparation of rahat lokum or, as it is usually called, - turkish delight! In the East, each pastry-cook has his own secrets of cooking this delicate treat, but most of them are based on using just only two ingredients – sugar and starch. Optionally, rahat lokum can be complemented by nuts, zest, food colourings or flavor compounds. We will prepare our turkish delight with seasonal raspberries and simplify the recipe as possible for the pastime in the kitchen not to be burdensome.
1. Pour sugar into a bowl with raspberry.
2. Pour water and put the bowl on the stove, set the burner flame on the «average, moderate» level, boil the raspberries in the syrup for 2-3 minutes after the start of boiling.
3. Then throw the cooked raspberries on a plastic or metal colander with a fine mesh gauze and wipe it through a sieve to make raspberry liquor. As the result it should be 300 ml of saturated raspberry syrup, if you get a little less – it is necessary to refill it with water and bring the syrup to the desired amount.
4. Put the raspberry syrup back on the stove, and meanwhile dissolve the starch in cold water. Shake up to «starch milk» and pour a thin stream in the raspberry syrup.
5. Immediately «arm» with a whisk, because the mixture will immediately begin to thicken and may burn to the bottom (just in case watch the flame and slacken it if necessary). It is advisable not to leave the stove after the syrup is added to starch and gradually stir the thickening mass.
6. The degree of readiness is very easy to identify. Starch-raspberry mixture becomes very viscous, while mixing with the whisk, it starts to stretch behind him with its entire weight, accumulating in the «ball». Approximate cooking time is about 15-20 minutes.
7. Not leaving unattended starched raspberry mass, pour gelatin with warm water, leave it to swell, then after 5 minutes heat the swollen gelatin in a water bath or in the microwave, bring it to a liquid state.
8. Stir in the liquid gelatine in the raspberry ready basis for Turkish delight and shift the entire mass in the mold (layed with cling film or foil greased with butter). Put in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours, then remove, cut into cubes or random slices. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, as the powder melts very quickly on the surface of Turkish delight. To avoid this it is recommended to soak and dry Turkish delight in the fridge for 1-2 days or roll each piece in cornstarch, then in powdered sugar when serving. Raspberry Turkish delight is ready! It is not difficult to make!
Salads do not have to be boring! These recipes use grains, herbs and an array of fruit and veg to create colourful salads, perfect for packed lunches....
There is a great number of options for cooking chicken breast. But not each housewive can cook really juicy, tender and delicious chicken. ...
These six cakes will have you drooling at your desk. ...