We propose you a recipe of rich and hearty tomato soup, where beans play the role of the main ingredient. This soup can be cooked using any broth, but in this case the pork ribs are just perfect for beans. With the addition of tomato paste and sulcha (a Turkish seasning of tomatoes and pepper) the soup takes on a radically different flavour and aroma, it becomes more intense and is dominated by sweet and sour notes. The result is - a nourishing, fragrant, bright and incredibly delicious first course.
1. Firstly, sort out the beans thoroughly, weed damaged and wrinkled beans, and then wash intensively the remaining ones. To make the cooking of beans faster, it is necessary to drown them in cold water for a night. The important thing is that you shouldnt mix different sorts of beans, because their cooking time may vary.
2. Rinse pork ribs, cut into pieces of a smaller size.
3. Pour water in a saucepan, put the bone-in meat, set on the stove. Closer to the stage of boiling load the soaked beans, reduce heat, cook for about 1 hour. Keep in mind that the cooking time also depends on the sort of the beans. It is better to salt the broth closer to the end of the cooking process for the beans not to be very hard.
4. Meanwhile prepare the other components of the soup. Peel the carrots, wash them, chop on a large grater.
5. Peel an onion, chop it into small squares.
6. Peel potato tubers, wash, cut into cubes of medium size, throw into a separate bowl of water to move starch away.
7. Warm a pan on fire, pour in a small amount of oil, throw onions and carrots, and sauté over medium heat, stirring with a spatula from time to time. After 2 minutes add salcha and tomato paste in necessery amounts.
8. Then pour about 100 milliliters of water in a pan, mix thoroughly for paste and salcha to dissolve completely. Simmer the mixture on low heat for about 8 minutes.
9. When the beans are almost cooked, you can throw potatoes in a pot , add bay leaf, peas of pepper and salt.
10. At the end add boiled vegetables in tomato sauce, chopped herbs and ground pepper. As during the boiling water has evaporated, add the missing amount of liquid, then bring to a boil and remove the soup from the burner.
Pumpkin soup is a real king of the autumn menu. There are many different recipes of this dish and to...
The spinach, recently, is quite a common ingredient in all sorts of light salads, but it is rarely a...
Fragrant and delicious soup of boiled salmon with a subtle flavor of leeks, that gives this dish an ...
Todays recipe is very simple soup with an imposing name «Potage cultivateur», which just means «f...