Learn to cook rabbit meat in wine sauce to pamper yourself and surprise your family. Rabbit is a very valuable dietary product. Most often a dish of rabbit is prepared for the holidays. But nothing will prevent you cook it on a week-day, because rabbit meat is also very delicious.
1. Cut the rabbit into servings or appropriate for your container medium pieces. The rabbit should be clean and dry before breading with paper towels.
2. For breading, mix flour, salt and black pepper in a deep bowl.
3. Roll each piece of rabbit meat in your final bread flour mix.
4. By this time, the pan should be heated with vegetable oil. Lay the rabbit pieces in flour to the oil, fry them to a visible brown crust on all sides.
5. Along with roasting rabbit chop an onion, put it in the pan, when the rabbit will already be brown, and then fry them together, stirring with a spatula.
6. Immediately crush cloves of garlic using the wide side of your kitchen knife. Put to the onions and meat. In our case, slices of «winter» garlic were partially replaced by young spring garlic shoots. Cook for another 1.5 minutes until the garlic will reveal all its flavor, but not too long for garlic does not start to burn with a specific smell.
7. Pour red wine in the pan, turn flame of a burner plate on «maximum» (if the pan is not too deep it is best to shift the meat with garlic and onions in the cauldron or thick-walled pot). Boil alcohol down from the wine during 10 minutes and then turn down fire to a below average position.
8. When the wine is boiled by about a third, pour tomato juice in (tomatoes, rubbed on a grater without skin), add a mixture of Provencal herbs, if necessary season with salt. Cover the pan or cauldron with a lid, the fire switch to «low». Simmer for about 1 hour. Rabbit in wine sauce is ready!
For a side dish you can serve potatoes, vegetables or pasta.
rabbit – 0.8 kg;
dry red wine – 0,5-0,7 l;
tomato juice – 0.5 l;
a mixture of Provencal herbs;
wheat flour – 3-4 tbsp;
salt, black pepper;
onions – 2 PCs.;
garlic – 3-4 cloves;
greens and vegetable oil.
There is a great amount of options for cooking the chicken, for example, you can bake it in an oven, fry in a pan, saute slices or just boil. Or you c...
The secret of a tasty turkey is covered in sweet and spicy marinade made on the basis of sour cream and mustard. This sauce is characterized by an unu...
An interesting dish with a not quite classic combination of ingredients, because meat is often prepared with onions, mushrooms, prunes, etc. And this ...
Beef Stroganoff is a good old classic dish and one of the most popular simple meals. Thin cubes of beef turns out very delicate and tasty, and thick d...
Here is a new way to cook chicken with golden crispy crust. Chicken is very delicious, tender and flavoury. To this recipe you can bake chicken thighs...