I love potato pancakes, especially for their simplicity, because the basis is represented by regular potatoes. Potato pancakes are absolutely incomparable, but for a change of their taste it is permissible to add different ingredients. As toppings you can use herbs, meat, mushrooms, cheese (hard or soft), sausage, vegetables and even some fruits. Lets consider one of the options - pancakes with hard cheese and greens. Garlic will become a spicy zest of the recipe, it will give the dish a special flavor and taste. A potato side dish in this unusual interpretation will be a great addition to your home lunch or dinner. Pancakes according to this recipe remain tasty and delicious even after the cooling. They harmonize perfectly with any sauces or with plain sour cream.
1. Free potato tubers from the unnecessary skins on the top, rinse them to remove the dirt, then grind using a metal grater with small or medium holes. If the potatoes allocate too much juice, it should be drained, leaving the starch.
2. Place grated potatoes are into a large bowl, drive one egg in, stir intensively for the egg to wrap the potato mixture completely.
3. Then throw the specified portion of sour cream in. It is better to use sour cream of a dense consistency for the dough for pancakes to be not very liquid. Season the mixture with pepper and salt, identify the ammount by yourself.
4. Sift the flour through a special sieve, this will make it more airy and get rid of unwanted impurities. Then download the flour in the bowl with other ingredients, then mix finely.
5. Grate the hard cheese with a grater, also add it to the mixture.
6. Rinse a bunch of dill under running water, shake off the drops, to break the twigs off, chop the leaves. Remove the skins from cloves of garlic, crush it under pressure. Throw dill and garlic into the bowl, stir, evenly distributing the added items through the mass.
7. Set a pan on a burner with moderate heat, pour sufficient portion of the oil, heat it. Then lay the potato-cheese dough with a spoon, forming small workpieces. Fry pancakes under a lid until appetizing golden color.
8. For the pancakes not to come out very oily, the excess oil can be removed, spreading them on a plate with paper napkins. Then transfer them to a clean dish, putting the sauce or sour cream near.
Feta or Fetaki – a popular Greek cheese with its ancient history, Italian roots and, in a literal ...
In my opinion, curry with vegetables is a perfect winter dish. Delicate texture of the sauce and cri...
Delicate potato croquettes with a stringy cheese filling inside will look very appetizing on your re...