An extremely delicate cake «Queen Victoria» is a dessert, which wonderfully combines simplicity and elegance. Quite dense, but very soft and porous cakes with moisture structure are interleft by thick strawberry jam and whipped cream. It turns out to represent simply divine combination of flavors. The main condition for «proper» baking of a cake «Queen Victoria» is an equitable ratio of flour, sugar, butter and eggs, which provides an unmatched final result. That is why measuring out the ingredients «by eye» in this recipe is impossible. But overall the recipe is very affordable to implement, therefore, bake, decorate and enjoy the tenderness of this dessert.
1. Combine soft butter and powdered sugar in a deep bowl and vigorously whisk into lush mass during 6-8 minutes. The stronger the butter mass will get whipped, the lighter the dough will turn out.
2. Bringing the butter up to the white lush, beat the first egg in and continue to work vigorously with a mixer for at least 3 minutes. Then enter the second egg and again beat at least for 3 minutes. Introduce the rest of the eggs into the dough similarly. Get a light, fluffy mass.
3. Pour the baking powder into the flour, stir, sift and add to the dough by parts. Stir with a spatula, apply carefully and gently, for not to destroy the lightness and fluffiness.
4. Get a thick, but fluffy dough, from which we will bake three cakes.
5. Take a baking dish 20-21 cm. Close the bottom with a piece of parchment, coat the walls with butter and lightly sprinkle with flour. Spread one third of the dough, even out and put in the oven, preheated up to 180 degrees.
6. Bake for about 25 minutes. Here, it is important not to overdry the cake. Therefore, at the appearance of the first brown, make a test on a dry match, and if positive, immediately pull the cake out.
7. Bake the second and third cake similarly. The biscuits come out porous, delicate and have damp structure. Let them cool completely.
8. Beat well-chilled cream with powdered sugar until thick lush mass.
9. Place thick strawberry jam in the microwave for 15 seconds to warm it, and thereby to thin out its consistency slightly. Wash fresh strawberries, remove the stems and cut the berries into plates. Add the jam and gently stir. Let the jam cool down and regain its thickness. The result is a strawberry mixture with slices of fresh strawberries.
10. Take the first cake and grease it with half of the resulting strawberry mass.
11. Put whipped cream into a pastry bag (you can use regular food package with a cut corner) and press out the cream in a spiral, moving from the center to the edges. This method allows you to put the whipped cream evenly and at the same time not to disturb the strawberry layer.
12. Gently cover it with the second sponge cake, which is also lubricated with jam firstly, then with cream. The surface of the third cake and sides of assembled cake «Queen Victoria» are left "naked". Sent the cake in this form to the fridge for a day, and decorate it before serving.
13. Get the cake «Queen Victoria» from the fridge and sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. To make the sugar layer uniform, use a small strainer.
14. And then, lay fine fresh strawberries in the middle. The composition can be supplemented with small flowers. It turns out very elegant and original.
200 g of sugar powder;
200 g of soft butter;
200 g of eggs (4 pieces of medium size);
200 g of flour;
8 g of baking powder.For a layer:
250 g of thick strawberry jam;
400 ml of cream for whipping;
45 g of icing sugar;
200-250 g of fresh strawberries.For decoration:
choice fresh strawberries;
Today I want to bake something with chocolate, something not difficult and quick. And I remembered about the chocolate cake in a cup. I got 12 cupcake...
This is probably the simpliest recipe of a chocolate cake youve ever met. This is despite the fact that everyone who tasted this cake, rolled their ey...
All the week Id been dreaming about a carrot pie! Yesterday I finally fulfilled my wish and made it. I think nowadays almost everyone knows that there...
Eclair – is a perfect cake, which will find a lot of admirers. This invention of french chefs has undeniable advantages: the minimum amount of dough...
Prepare these beautiful cupcakes for Halloween – and your guests will be absolutely delighted!...