Air fryer crispy kimchi fried rice balls are a delicious and easy appetizer or snack that you can make at home.
Here's a recipe for making them:
- 2 cups cooked and cooled white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped kimchi
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, chopped kimchi, and finely chopped onion.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the gochujang and soy sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour the gochujang mixture over the rice mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the all-purpose flour and beaten egg to the rice mixture and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands, form the rice mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball.
- Place the panko breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
- Roll each rice ball in the breadcrumbs, pressing gently to help them adhere.
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Lightly coat the rice balls with cooking spray and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the rice balls for 8-10 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the rice balls hot, garnished with chopped scallions or sesame seeds if desired.
Note: You can adjust the amount of gochujang and kimchi to your liking, depending on how spicy and flavorful you want the rice balls to be. You can also experiment with different dipping sauces, such as a spicy mayo or sweet chili sauce.