How to cook Breakfast Burritos:
Start your day off right with tasty breakfast burritos. Filled with savory cooked meat, crispy hash browns, fluffy eggs, and topped with our magical homemade sauce, you’ll want to eat one every single morning!
• 4 tablespoons salted butter
• 20 ounces frozen diced or shredded hash browns, thawed
• 1 pound ground sausage
• 8 ounces ham, diced
• 1 white or yellow onion, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 4 ounces diced green chiles, drained (optional)
• 10 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
• 12 tortillas
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise or sour cream
• 1/4 cup hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Cook thawed hash browns in the hot butter seasoned with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Flip minimally to ensure browning. Once cooked set aside and wipe out pan.
- In the skillet, add in ground sausage and brown for about 5 minutes. Then add in ham, onion, and bell peppers. Let brown for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Add in green chiles and eggs. Stir and cook for about 5 more minutes until eggs are thoroughly cooked and fluffy. Add in cooked hashbrowns and season with salt and pepper.
- Smear about 1 teaspoon of burrito sauce on the tortilla, Add about 1/2- 3/4 cup of the filling, then sprinkle with cheese and wrap up tightly.
- Serve hot with salsa or favorite hot sauce!
Add all ingredients into a bowl and stir until well combined.