Swiss Meringue Buttercream
How to cook Swiss Meringue Buttercream:
Fluffy and light, this is the best meringue buttercream you’ll make.
- 300g egg whites
- 400g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 400g butter
- Pour the egg whites and sugar into a bowl.
- Cook on a bain-marie until the sugar melts without stopping mixing.
- Remove from heat and whisk for 10 minutes until the mixture cools and thickens. Add the vanilla and continue mixing a little slower.
- Add the butter to room temperature.
- Keep beating until it thickens again and use to decorate muffins and cakes.