How to cook Apple crisp:
- 6 apples
- 7ml (1 1/2 tsp) of lemon (juice)
- 25g (2 tbsp) of sugar
- Ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 200g (1 cup) of light brown sugar
- 70g (3/4 cup) of rolled oats
- 90g (3/4 cup) of all-purpose flour
- A pinch of salt
- 115g (1/2 cup) of butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Salted caramel
1. Peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Transfer to the bowl.
2. In a bowl with apples add granulated sugar, cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and lemon juice. Stir to combine everything well.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, add the brown sugar, oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, and diced cold butter. Use a fork to cut the butter into the oat mixture until the mixture resembled pea-sized crumbs.
4. Transfer the apples to the baking dish (20x20cm - baking dish size) and spread the topping over the apples, and gently pat to even it out.
5. Bake in the oven at 180°C/360°F for 40-50 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and salted caramel.