How to cook Chestnut rolls:
- 500 g chestnuts, boiled and peeled
- 80 g (1 cup) cocoa powder
- 180g (1 ½ cups) powdered sugar
- 80 g (⅓ cup) butter, melted
- 60 ml (¼ cup) orange juice
- 100 g (½ cup) soft butter
- 100 g (¾ cup) powdered sugar
- 30ml (2 tbsp) coffee
1. In a large bowl blend chestnuts until smooth thick paste forms. Add melted butter, orange juice, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder into the mix and knead until smooth dough forms.
2. Chill the dough in the fridge for around 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, beat softened butter with powdered sugar until light and creamy.
4. Roll out the chestnut dough on a piece of parchment, forming a rectangle. Spread buttercream on top and smooth it out with a spatula.
5. Roll the chestnut base into a roll and wrap it in parchment. Chill for 1 hour, then decorate with cocoa powder and cut into pieces.