How to cook Cookie trunk:
- 300ml (1 ⅓ cup) full-fat cream;
- 300g (1 ¾ cup) dark chocolate;
- 30g (2 tbsp) butter;
- 20 cookies.
- Break the dark chocolate into pieces and place it into a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Pour warm cream on top of the chocolate and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more. Add butter and mix until the chocolate has melted completely.
- Place the chocolate ganache into the freezer and chill it for 30 minutes. Stir and repeat the chilling process for 30 minutes more.
- Beat chocolate ganache with a hand mixer until pale and creamy.
- Pipe some chocolate cream onto each cookie and spread evenly. Stack cookies on top of one another to form a cookie trunk and place it in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cover cookie trunk with leftover chocolate cream and freeze until the chocolate coating has set.
- Serve decorated with hazelnut cream and chopped hazelnuts.