*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Chestnut liqueur:
- 700ml cognac
- 700g chestnuts
- 350ml water
- 350g sugar
1. Boil and peel the chestnuts.
2. Divide the chestnuts into two. Place one half in a glass jar, add the cognac and let it macerate.
3. Boil water in a pot, add the other half of the chestnuts and let it boil for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the chestnuts and blend them.
5. Add sugar to the water where you boiled the chestnuts. Mix. Add the chestnut puree, and mix.
6. Let it cool.
7. Add the puree to the jar with chestnuts and cognac. Mix very well and let macerate for 40 days.
8. Strain the liquid, and bottle and serve in two shots.