One of my specialities when it comes to a treat at the weekend is this breakfast sandwich which is ridiculously simple and indulgent in equal measures. Eggs, bacon and tomatoes in a bun- it’s a real treat. Don’t skimp on the buttery brioche buns without them it’s simply not worth it.
Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 large free range eggs
- 100g cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 2 brioche buns
- 6 slices of streaky bacon, cooked until crisp
- Sea salt & ground black pepper
1. Heat a large frying pan over a medium high heat and add a splash of olive oil. Fry off the bacon and once they are cooked, remove from the pan and add the tomatoes, give them a generous season of sea salt and ground black pepper. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until they reduce and just about hold their shape- they should be saucy and jammy.
2. For the scrambled eggs, melt a good knob of butter in a small non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Whisk the eggs in a bowl with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. When the butter foams, pour the eggs into the pan and using a spatula, working quickly, lift and fold the set eggs into the runny and continue until you have soft velvety strands that are still ever so slightly runny. If you you're using the cheese, fold through at this point until melted.
3. Toast the brioche buns and place on a serving plate. Top with the bacon, eggs and a generous dollop of the jammy hot tomatoes. Repeat with the second set of toasted buns.Serve immediately and devour- one bite optional!
How to cook Breakfast Sandwich :
- What Is Chicken Oil Made Of 11:15, Apr 27, 2023
- Quick and Easy Oatmeal Recipe: Start Your Day Right 12:29, May 29, 2023
- Is Porterhouse A Good Cut Of Steak 12:23, Apr 22, 2023
- Can You Freeze Mashed Potatoes 09:50, Apr 08, 2023
- How to Make Aubergine Pizza: A Tasty Twist on Classic Pizza 11:22, May 16, 2023
- Rhubarb Crisp: A Scrumptious Dessert to Enjoy All Year Round 17:35, Jun 05, 2023
- Portobello Mushroom 15:16, Apr 20, 2023
- Irresistible Chana Masala: How to Make a Restaurant-Worthy Dish at Home 11:15, May 23, 2023