Cazzilli - Italian potato croquettes
How to cook Cazzilli - Italian potato croquettes:
Hot and crunchy, this Italian street food is to die for!
- 1kg of potatoes
- Oil for frying
1. Peal and cut the potatoes in half. Transfer them to the water and when the water is boiling let them boil for 30 minutes.
2. After the potatoes are done remove them from the heat and let them cool. Mash them with a potato masher over the bowl.
3. Season them with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley. Mix well and knead it with your hands to obtain a compact mixture.
4. Take the mixture with the teaspoon and form the cazzilli with your hands. Arrange them on a plate and transfer them to the fridge for 1 hour.
5. After one hour add them to the pot with hot oil and fry until they are golden brown.
6. Serve on a plate with slices of lemon.