Lemon Flower Cake
A Lemon Flower Cake is a beautiful and refreshing dessert that combines the tangy flavor of lemons with a delicate and moist cake.
How to cook Lemon Flower Cake:
A Lemon Flower Cake is a beautiful and refreshing dessert that combines the tangy flavor of lemons with a delicate and moist cake. Here's a recipe to guide you in making a Lemon Flower Cake:
Ingredients for the cake:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
Ingredients for the lemon glaze:
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Ingredients for the lemon buttercream frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Yellow food coloring (optional)
Instructions for the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for about 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Instructions for the lemon glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the fresh lemon juice and granulated sugar. Heat over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the lemon glaze cool slightly.
- While the cakes are still warm, use a fork or skewer to poke several holes all over the top of each cake.
- Slowly drizzle the warm lemon glaze over the cakes, allowing it to soak into the holes.
Instructions for the lemon buttercream frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter until creamy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing well after each addition, until the frosting is smooth and fluffy.
- Add the fresh lemon juice, lemon zest, and yellow food coloring (if desired). Mix until well combined.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Spread a generous layer of lemon buttercream frosting on top of the cake layer.
- Place the second cake layer on top and frost the entire cake with the remaining lemon buttercream frosting.
- Optional: Decorate the cake with lemon zest, lemon slices, or edible flowers for an elegant touch.
- Refrigerate the Lemon Flower Cake for at least an hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld and the frosting to set.
Slice and serve this delightful Lemon Flower Cake, and enjoy the burst of tangy lemon flavor combined with the light and moist cake. It's a perfect treat for any occasion or celebration!