Grilled Ham and Cheese Bocadillo
A grilled ham and cheese bocadillo is a delicious and satisfying sandwich that is popular in Spanish cuisine.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel @nifty_recipe. Here you will find all the latest photo and video recipes!
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Grilled Ham and Cheese Bocadillo:
A grilled ham and cheese bocadillo is a delicious and satisfying sandwich that is popular in Spanish cuisine. It's a simple yet flavorful combination of ham, cheese, and bread, grilled to perfection. Here's a recipe to guide you through making this tasty bocadillo:
- 4 small sandwich rolls or baguettes
- 8 to 12 slices of ham (such as cooked ham, serrano ham, or prosciutto)
- 8 slices of cheese (such as Swiss, Cheddar, or Gouda)
- Butter or olive oil, for grilling
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce or spinach leaves
- Mustard or mayonnaise
- Preheat a grill pan, griddle, or skillet over medium heat. If using a pan, you can lightly butter or brush the surface with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Slice the sandwich rolls or baguettes in half horizontally, creating a top and bottom half for each sandwich.
- If desired, spread a layer of mustard or mayonnaise on the inside of each roll for added flavor. You can also add slices of tomato or lettuce/spinach leaves for freshness.
- Layer the ham slices evenly on the bottom half of each roll. The number of ham slices may vary depending on their thickness and your preference.
- Place the cheese slices on top of the ham, ensuring they cover the surface evenly. You can use one or two slices of cheese per sandwich, depending on the size and your taste preference.
- Place the top halves of the rolls on the sandwiches to create a complete sandwich.
- Brush the outside of each sandwich with melted butter or olive oil. This will give the bocadillos a golden and crispy exterior when grilled.
- Place the prepared sandwiches on the preheated grill pan or skillet. If needed, you can weigh them down with a heavy pan or a sandwich press to flatten them slightly.
- Grill the bocadillos for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the bread is toasted and the cheese has melted. Keep an eye on them to prevent burning.
- Once the sandwiches are grilled to your liking, remove them from the heat and let them cool for a minute.
- Cut the grilled ham and cheese bocadillos in half or serve them whole. They can be enjoyed warm or at room temperature.
- Serve the bocadillos as a delicious lunch or dinner option. They pair well with a side salad or some crispy potato chips.
Enjoy your tasty grilled ham and cheese bocadillo, a classic Spanish sandwich that is sure to satisfy your cravings!
Original Dinner recipes