Instant Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlet
These Instant Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlets are a delicious and quick snack option.
How to cook Instant Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlet:
These Instant Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlets are a delicious and quick snack option. They can be enjoyed on their own or served as a filling for burgers or sandwiches. Here's a recipe for Instant Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlet:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, take the boiled and mashed potatoes. Add chopped onions, coriander leaves, green chili, ginger paste, garam masala, red chili powder (if using), and salt. Mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Take the bread slices and remove the crusts. Dip each bread slice in water for a couple of seconds, then squeeze out the excess water. Crumble the wet bread slices into the potato mixture.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the potato mixture until well combined. The bread acts as a binding agent and helps hold the tikki shape.
- Divide the mixture into small portions and shape them into round or oval patties.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Carefully place the shaped potato tikkis in the hot oil and fry them until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Flip them gently to ensure even frying.
- Once the tikkis are cooked and have a nice golden color, remove them from the pan and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Serve the Bread Aloo Tikki Cutlets hot with ketchup, chutney, or yogurt dip.