Easy Breadsticks Recipe
Easy Breadsticks are a simple and delicious accompaniment to soups, salads, or enjoyed on their own as a snack. Here's a recipe to make them:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional toppings: grated Parmesan cheese, dried herbs (such as oregano or basil), garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and active dry yeast. Mix well.
- Gradually add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Stir until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Add more flour if needed to prevent sticking.
- Place the dough back into the mixing bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Punch down the risen dough to release any air bubbles. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide it into smaller portions, shaping them into thin, breadstick-like sticks.
- Place the breadsticks onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them.
- If desired, brush the breadsticks with olive oil and sprinkle them with grated Parmesan cheese, dried herbs, or garlic powder for added flavor.
- Bake the breadsticks in the preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the breadsticks from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy the easy and delicious Breadsticks as a versatile snack or as a side dish. They're best enjoyed fresh out of the oven, but you can store any leftovers in an airtight container for a day or two.