Amazing Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
A Dutch Baby pancake, also known as a German pancake or a Dutch puff, is a large, oven-baked pancake that is typically served for breakfast or brunch.
How to cook Amazing Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe:
A Dutch Baby pancake, also known as a German pancake or a Dutch puff, is a large, oven-baked pancake that is typically served for breakfast or brunch. It is made from a simple batter consisting of eggs, milk, flour, and sugar, which is then baked in a hot oven until it puffs up and becomes golden brown.
The batter for a Dutch Baby pancake is similar to that of a traditional pancake, but the cooking method is different. Instead of cooking individual pancakes on a stovetop griddle, the batter is poured into a preheated skillet or baking dish and baked in the oven.
As the Dutch Baby pancake bakes, it rises and forms a puffy and fluffy texture. The edges of the pancake become crispy and golden, while the center remains soft and custard-like. The finished pancake has a slightly sweet flavor and can be enjoyed with a variety of toppings such as powdered sugar, fresh fruit, syrup, or a squeeze of lemon juice.
Dutch Baby pancakes are often served straight from the oven, as they tend to deflate quickly once removed. They make a visually impressive dish and are perfect for sharing at the breakfast or brunch table.
Overall, a Dutch Baby pancake is a delicious twist on traditional pancakes, offering a unique and airy texture that is sure to delight your taste buds.
A recipe for an amazing Dutch Baby pancake:
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Fresh berries, maple syrup, or other toppings (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet in the oven to preheat as well.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend or whisk until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Carefully remove the preheated skillet from the oven and add the butter. Swirl the skillet to melt the butter and coat the bottom and sides.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet, then return it to the oven.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the Dutch Baby pancake is puffed up and golden brown on the edges. Avoid opening the oven during baking, as it may cause the pancake to deflate.
- Once the Dutch Baby pancake is done, remove it from the oven. It will begin to deflate slightly as it cools.
- Dust the pancake with powdered sugar. You can also add fresh berries, a drizzle of maple syrup, or any other desired toppings.
- Slice the Dutch Baby pancake into wedges and serve immediately while still warm.
The Dutch Baby pancake is a delicious and impressive breakfast or brunch option. Its puffy and custardy texture, combined with the sweetness of the powdered sugar and optional toppings, makes for a delightful treat. Enjoy!