Just 3 Ingredients Gur Gond Pak
Gur gond pak is a traditional Indian sweet made with just three main ingredients: jaggery (gur), edible gum (gond), and ghee (clarified butter).
How to cook Just 3 Ingredients Gur Gond Pak:
Gur gond pak is a traditional Indian sweet made with just three main ingredients: jaggery (gur), edible gum (gond), and ghee (clarified butter). It's a nutritious and energy-boosting sweet that is often consumed during winters. Here's a simple recipe for gur gond pak:
- 1 cup jaggery (gur), grated or broken into small pieces
- 1/2 cup edible gum (gond)
- 1/4 cup ghee (clarified butter)
- Heat ghee in a pan or kadai over low heat.
- Add the edible gum (gond) to the heated ghee. Stir continuously to roast the gum evenly. The gum will puff up and turn crispy. This process may take a few minutes.
- Once the edible gum is roasted and becomes golden brown, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the grated jaggery (gur). Stir continuously until the jaggery melts and forms a smooth syrup. This may take a few minutes.
- Add the roasted edible gum (gond) to the melted jaggery syrup. Mix well to coat the gum with the syrup.
- Remove the mixture from heat and let it cool slightly.
- While the mixture is still warm, take small portions and shape them into small balls or pak.
- Allow the gur gond pak to cool completely and solidify.
Your gur gond pak is ready to be enjoyed! Store them in an airtight container at room temperature. These sweet and chewy treats can be consumed as a snack or as a dessert. They provide warmth and energy during the winter season.