Instant Bhindi Dosa
Instant bhindi dosa is a quick and easy recipe that combines the flavors of crispy dosa (Indian savory crepe) with the deliciousness of bhindi (okra).
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Instant Bhindi Dosa:
Instant bhindi dosa is a quick and easy recipe that combines the flavors of crispy dosa (Indian savory crepe) with the deliciousness of bhindi (okra). Here's a recipe to make instant bhindi dosa:
For the dosa batter:
- 1 cup dosa rice (or regular rice)
- 1/4 cup urad dal (split black gram)
- 1 tablespoon fenugreek seeds
- Water (as needed)
- Salt to taste
For the bhindi masala:
- 1 cup bhindi (okra), thinly sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped (adjust to your spice preference)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (adjust to your spice preference)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking
- Wash the dosa rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds together. Soak them in water for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and grind the soaked rice, urad dal, and fenugreek seeds to a smooth batter consistency. Add water as needed while grinding. The batter should be slightly thick but pourable. Add salt to taste and mix well. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat a little oil over medium heat. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the finely chopped onion and green chili to the pan. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the sliced bhindi to the pan and cook until they become tender and slightly crispy.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes to the pan and mix everything together. Cook until the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to the pan. Mix well and cook for another minute to allow the flavors to blend. Remove from heat.
- Heat a non-stick tawa or griddle over medium heat.
- Take a ladleful of the dosa batter and pour it onto the center of the heated tawa. Spread the batter in a circular motion to form a thin dosa.
- Drizzle a little oil around the edges of the dosa and on top.
- Place a spoonful of the prepared bhindi masala on top of the dosa and spread it evenly.
- Cook the dosa on medium heat until the edges turn crispy and golden brown. Flip the dosa and cook the other side for a minute or two.
- Remove the instant bhindi dosa from the tawa and serve it hot.
Serve the instant bhindi dosa with coconut chutney, sambar, or any chutney of your choice. It makes for a delicious and filling breakfast or snack option. Enjoy the unique combination of flavors in this delightful dosa!
More recipes from channel - Hebbars Kitchen