Homemade Khus Khus Sharbat
Enjoy the Homemade Khus Khus Sharbat as a refreshing summer drink.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel @nifty_recipe. Here you will find all the latest photo and video recipes!
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Homemade Khus Khus Sharbat:
Enjoy the Homemade Khus Khus Sharbat as a refreshing summer drink. Its unique flavor and cooling properties make it a perfect choice to beat the heat and quench your thirst! Here's a recipe for Homemade Khus Khus Sharbat, a refreshing and aromatic drink:
- 2 tablespoons khus khus (poppy seeds)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Crushed ice (for serving)
- Fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- In a bowl, soak the khus khus in 2 cups of water for about 1 hour. This will soften the seeds.
- After soaking, transfer the khus khus along with the water to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- Place a fine-mesh sieve or cheesecloth over a large bowl. Pour the blended khus khus mixture into the sieve to strain out the solids. Press the mixture with a spoon or spatula to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Discard the solids and keep the strained khus khus milk in the bowl.
- In a separate saucepan, add the sugar and 2 cups of water. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Once the sugar syrup has cooled, add it to the khus khus milk in the bowl. Mix well.
- Stir in the rose water and lemon juice. Taste and adjust the sweetness and tanginess according to your preference by adding more sugar or lemon juice if needed.
- Transfer the Khus Khus Sharbat to a glass jar or bottle and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours to chill.
- To serve, fill a glass with crushed ice and pour the chilled Khus Khus Sharbat over it.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Stir the drink gently before sipping to mix the flavors.
More recipes from channel - Hebbars Kitchen