Flower focaccia is a visually stunning and delicious variation of traditional Italian focaccia bread.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel @nifty_recipe. Here you will find all the latest photo and video recipes!
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!
How to cook Flower Focaccia:
Flower focaccia is a visually stunning and delicious variation of traditional Italian focaccia bread. It's shaped and decorated to resemble a vibrant flower garden, making it a perfect choice for special occasions, gatherings, or simply to enjoy as a treat.
To make flower focaccia, here's a basic recipe to get you started:
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus more for greasing and drizzling)
- Assorted vegetables and herbs for decoration (such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, rosemary, basil, etc.)
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and sugar. Mix well.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water and let it sit for about 5 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- Add the yeast mixture and olive oil to the dry ingredients. Mix with a spoon or your hands until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until the dough becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth or plastic wrap, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and grease a baking sheet or line it with parchment paper.
- Punch down the risen dough to release any air bubbles. Transfer it to the prepared baking sheet and gently press it down to form a rectangular or round shape.
- Now comes the fun part! Decorate the surface of the dough with your chosen vegetables and herbs, arranging them in the shape of flowers or any design you like. You can use cherry tomatoes as the center of the flowers, sliced bell peppers for petals, olives for the stem, and herbs like rosemary or basil for leaves.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the decorated dough and sprinkle coarse sea salt on top.
- Bake the flower focaccia in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the bread turns golden brown and crispy.
- Once baked, remove the focaccia from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving.
Flower focaccia can be enjoyed on its own as a delicious bread, or you can serve it as an appetizer or side dish alongside dips, spreads, or salads. It's a beautiful and tasty treat that is sure to impress your guests or make your meal extra special.