Chocolate Stuffed Cookies
Chocolate stuffed cookies are a delightful treat where a rich chocolate filling is surrounded by a delicious cookie dough.
How to cook Chocolate Stuffed Cookies:
Chocolate stuffed cookies are a delightful treat where a rich chocolate filling is surrounded by a delicious cookie dough. Here's a recipe for chocolate stuffed cookies:
For the cookie dough:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate filling:
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. You can use an electric mixer or do this by hand with a wooden spoon.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a small saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Remove from heat and pour it over the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl. Let it sit for a minute, then stir until smooth and well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, portion out about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough. Flatten it slightly in the palm of your hand, and place a teaspoon of the chocolate filling in the center. Fold the dough around the filling, sealing it completely. Roll it into a ball and place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops of the cookies have a slight crinkle. Be careful not to overbake.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, these chocolate stuffed cookies are ready to be enjoyed! They are delicious when served slightly warm or at room temperature.
You can store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. They also freeze well if you want to save some for later. Enjoy the gooey chocolate surprise in each bite!