Find The Recipe:
Steak Sandwich | Dunnes Stores sourdough baguette is the perfect vessel for sliced steak, caramelised onion, Cashel blue cheese and rocket leaves, the only ingredients in my book for the ultimate steak sandwich recipe - make it this weekend!
- Sourdough baguette
- 454g rib eye steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic clove
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- Large handful rocket leaves
- 75g cashel blue cheese, sliced
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Before cooking, allow the steaks to come to room temperature.
- Firstly, make the caramelised red onions, heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan over a high heat. Add the onions, salt & pepper and let sauté over a lower heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking until they become soft and a golden colour.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and turn the heat up to medium to dissolve the sugar and reduce the vinegar until the mixture is sticky and like a jam.
- Season the steaks well with salt and pepper.
- Place a frying pan with the oil on a high heat until smoking hot. Add the steaks and cook to preference (2-4 minutes per side). Slice the steak and leave to rest.
- Slice the baguette in half and toast both sides, before rubbing the garlic clove over the bread. Spread with mayo on both sides and assemble the sandwich, with the steak, caramelised onion, blue cheese and rocket.
*Recipe on video and text may differ from each other!