Lemon Curd Cake
Lemon Curd Cake | Happy World Baking Day! If you’re looking for the perfect light sponge to celebrate this weekend, save this recipe - it’s light, airy and so moist because of the tangy lemon curd and creamy buttercream filling.
For the sponge:
- 225g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 210g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- About 3 tbsp of milk to loosen batter
For the buttercream:
- 300g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 520g icing sugar, sifted
- 350g jar lemon curd
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/°160°C fan/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line two 21cm/8" springform tins. In a standalone mixer, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest together until pale and fluffy. Then beat in the eggs one by one before adding the vanilla extract and lemon juice.
2. Using a spatula, fold in the flour and baking powder until you have a smooth mixture. Use a little bit of the milk if you need to loosen the mixture. You want the mixture to be a bit loose.
3. Divide the mixture into the two springform tins, flatten the top with a spatula if needed. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until it's nice and golden. When the bases are cooked, take them out and let cool for a few minutes before you take it out of the tin to cool completely.
4. While the bases are cooling, prepare the buttercream filling by beating the butter and vanilla extract together in a bowl until light and fluffy then add the icing sugar, a little at a time, until it is all incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Add a splash of boiling water if required to help smoothen the icing.
5. To assemble the cake, spread some lemon curd on one of the bases before topping with buttercream, then add the second base and layer again with both buttercream and lemon curd.
How to cook Lemon Curd Cake:
- Spice Up Your Life: Discover the Flavorful World of Indian Cuisine 12:39, May 14, 2023
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 16:59, Apr 10, 2023
- Indulge in the Creamy Goodness of Paneer Bhurji: A Must-Try Recipe 12:53, May 22, 2023
- How Long Do Cherry Tomatoes Last 10:09, Apr 08, 2023
- Healthy and Nutritious Avial: A Wholesome Blend of Vegetables in Coconut Sauce 11:55, May 16, 2023
- Ideas for Festive Christmas Cookies: American-Style Gingerbread 17:29, Dec 06, 2023
- Satisfy Your Taste Buds with Our Delectable Vegetable Ragout Recipe 17:21, Jun 11, 2023
- What is palm oil and why is it bad? 21:24, Apr 04, 2023