Crispy Fish Tacos
Crispy Fish Tacos | This is a great recipe of tortillas filled with shallow fried fish goujons, tomato salsa, guacamole and some white cabbage, with all the ingredients from Dunnes Stores Perfect served with ice cold beer for the grown ups!
For the goujons:
- Sunflower or rapeseed oil, for frying
- 500g skinless fish fillets, such as hake, haddock or cod, cut into goujon-sized pieces
- 150g plain flour
- 200ml cold beer
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Good handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ head of white cabbage, finely shredded
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Mini tortillas, warmed through or charred over a flame
For the salsa:
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
For the guacamole:
- 1 avocado, peeled and stoned
- Small handful coriander, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
1. To make the salsa, mix together the ingredients in a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper, then set aside at room temperature to allow the flavours to develop. Prepare the accompaniments for the fish by arranging the lime wedges, coriander leaves, red onion and cabbage in serving bowls.
2. For the goujons, fill a high-sided frying pan with 2.5-5 cm of oil and place it over a high heat. It needs to be very hot when you start to fry. Coat the fish in 50g of the flour, shaking off any excess and set aside until needed. Place the remaining 100g of flour in a large bowl, make a well in the middle, then pour in a little beer and mix through. Add the rest of the beer and mix quickly until you have a smooth batter. Season with freshly ground black pepper and then drop a little of the batter into the hot oil; if it floats and puffs up, it’s hot enough.
3. Working beside the pan, dip the dusted fish goujons in the batter one at a time and then put in the hot oil. Make sure you do not overcrowd the pan as this will reduce the heat. Cook them for about 4 minutes until golden brown, turning half way through the cooking time using tongs. Drain well on a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm on a serving plate while you cook the remainder.
4. To make the guacamole, add all of the ingredients into a pestle and mortar with a good seasoning of salt and pepper and combine until your desired consistency.
5. Add the warm tortillas to the serving platter and allow everyone to assemble their tacos with the prepared fillings and guacamole.
How to cook Crispy Fish Tacos:
- How To Make a Cocomelon Cakes 10:38, Apr 27, 2023
- What Food Can You Not Freeze 09:29, Apr 11, 2023
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole Recipe 12:06, Apr 25, 2023
- Portobello Mushroom 15:16, Apr 20, 2023
- Red Currant Jelly 12:08, Jul 05, 2023
- Delicious Apricot Jam: Recipe, Preparation, and Health Benefits 12:17, Jul 05, 2023
- What is palm oil and why is it bad? 21:24, Apr 04, 2023
- Whats A Good Lazy Dinner 17:25, Apr 27, 2023