Spanakopita rolls are a delicious Greek appetizer made with a crispy phyllo pastry filled with a savory mixture of spinach, feta cheese, and herbs. These rolls are perfect for parties, gatherings, or as a snack.
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheets (thawed according to package instructions)
- 500 grams fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 200 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melted butter or olive oil, for brushing
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become soft and translucent.
- Add the chopped spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted. Stir in the lemon juice, dill, salt, and pepper. Cook for a few more minutes until the excess moisture evaporates.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let the spinach mixture cool for a few minutes. Once cooled, stir in the crumbled feta cheese.
- Take one sheet of phyllo pastry and place it on a clean surface. Brush it lightly with melted butter or olive oil. Place another sheet on top and brush it as well. Repeat this process until you have stacked about 5-6 sheets of phyllo pastry.
- Cut the phyllo pastry stack lengthwise into three equal strips.
- Place a spoonful of the spinach and feta mixture at one end of each strip, and then fold the corner over to form a triangle. Continue folding the triangle along the strip until you reach the end, forming a tight roll. Repeat this process with the remaining phyllo pastry and filling.
- Place the spanakopita rolls on the prepared baking sheet, seam side down. Brush the tops with melted butter or olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the rolls turn golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and let the spanakopita rolls cool for a few minutes before serving.
Spanakopita rolls are best enjoyed warm and can be served as an appetizer or as part of a mezze platter. They can be served with tzatziki sauce or enjoyed on their own. These crispy and flavorful rolls are sure to be a hit!
How to cook Spanakopita Rolls:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe 16:59, Apr 10, 2023
- Experience the Richness of Mutton Biryani: A Classic Indian Rice Dish 12:38, May 18, 2023
- Christmas Brunch Ideas: American-Style Cinnamon Rolls 17:35, Dec 06, 2023
- Dal Makhani Recipe: A Creamy Delight for Your Taste Buds 12:39, May 22, 2023
- Spice Up Your Kitchen: A Mouthwatering Homemade Chili Recipe 19:09, Nov 13, 2023
- What Is The National Beverage 12:50, Apr 22, 2023
- Merry Munchies: Easy and Elegant Christmas Appetizer Ideas 16:54, Nov 30, 2023
- Mastering Recipe Search with Open GPT Chat: Unleashing the Power of AI in the Kitchen 16:28, May 23, 2023