Peach-Rosemary Whole Roasted Turkey
Thanksgiving only comes around once a year, but this peach-rosemary whole turkey recipe is versatile – and delicious – enough to enjoy as an impressive holiday meal or for any other special occasion year-round! So, if you’re looking for a dish that’s uniquely complex in taste but not in effort, our peach-rosemary whole roasted turkey with zesty cranberry-orange sauce recipe is one you’ll want to save to enjoy again and again!
- 1 whole turkey (12-14 pounds)
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of white wine (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Rinse the turkey inside and out, then pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season the inside of the turkey with salt and pepper.
- Place the peaches, fresh rosemary sprigs, and lemon halves inside the turkey cavity.
- Truss the turkey to keep the stuffing inside and to ensure even cooking.
- Rub the outside of the turkey with olive oil, and season it with salt and pepper. Place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Scatter the peeled garlic cloves and quartered onion around the turkey in the roasting pan.
- Pour the chicken broth and white wine (if using) into the bottom of the roasting pan. These liquids will help keep the turkey moist during roasting.
- Cover the turkey with aluminum foil and roast in the preheated oven for about 2.5 to 3 hours. You can calculate the roasting time based on the weight of your turkey (usually about 15 minutes per pound).
- After about 2 hours of roasting, remove the foil to allow the skin to brown.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the turkey's internal temperature. It should reach 165°F (74°C) in the thickest part of the thigh.
- Once the turkey is cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least 30 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute and keeps the meat moist.
- Carve the turkey and serve with the roasted peaches, rosemary, and pan juices as a delicious, aromatic sauce.
How to cook Peach-Rosemary Whole Roasted Turkey:
- Homemade Happiness: Crafting Festive Christmas Candies with Love 17:38, Nov 29, 2023
- Scalloped Potatoes Recipe 11:57, Apr 25, 2023
- What day is National Eat What You Want Day 12:46, Apr 22, 2023
- The Perfect Brunch Delight: Elevate Your Morning with Homemade Chilaquiles 22:19, May 21, 2023
- How Many Calories In a Good Sized Banana 11:23, May 14, 2023
- What does nutmeg do for you? 12:31, Apr 06, 2023
- Delicious Apricot Jam: Recipe, Preparation, and Health Benefits 12:17, Jul 05, 2023
- What are the 40 foods in Minecraft 16:41, Apr 12, 2023