Stuffed bell Peppers
Stuffed bell peppers: the rich and tasty dish!
- 70g (1/4 cup) of butter
- 70g (1/2 cup) of flour
- 1l (4 cups) of milk
- 6 bell peppers
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 300g of sausage
- 150g of cheese
1. To prepare the bechamel add the butter and flour in a saucepan and mix over low heat. Gradually add the milk and continue mixing until thickens. Remove from the heat.
2. Cut the top part of the peppers and remove the inner part. Arrange them on a baking dish. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes to soften them a little bit.
3. After 10 minutes season the peppers with salt and sprinkle with the olive oil. Fill them with sausage, and bechamel and add a cheese on top.
4. Sprinkle with olive oil and transfer them to the oven. Bake at 180°C/360°F for 40 minutes.
5. Serve the peppers after baking all together on a serving plate.