Holiday Mulled Wine Cake
That’s right, we’re making this very special holiday cake with spiced red wine, using one of the simplest, and easiest batter methods you’ll ever see. Whether you’re a fan of mulled wine or not, I really think you’ll love this gorgeous cake. Enjoy!
For the Cake:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mulled red wine (cooled to room temperature)
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons mulled red wine
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then add the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the mulled red wine. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze, whisk together powdered sugar and mulled red wine until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your delicious mulled wine cake!
How to cook Holiday Mulled Wine Cake:
- So that the hands do not smell like fish 21:38, Apr 04, 2023
- Is Sirloin A Good Cut Of Steak 11:54, Apr 22, 2023
- A Sweet Symphony of Tradition: Traditional Christmas Cookies Unveiled 17:33, Nov 29, 2023
- Rhubarb Crisp: A Scrumptious Dessert to Enjoy All Year Round 17:35, Jun 05, 2023
- What Is Ruby Chocolate 15:23, Apr 06, 2023
- A Taste of France: Mastering the Art of French Onion Soup 22:07, May 21, 2023
- Savor the Season: Dive into Our Delectable Butternut Squash Soup Recipe 18:42, Nov 13, 2023
- How Many Calories Are in a Spoon of Sugar 10:31, May 14, 2023