Easy Sugar Cookies
This Sugar Cookie Recipe makes beautiful and simple cookies that bake up perfectly every time. If you’re craving a smooth and buttery classic cookie or want to use that adorable cookie cutter you picked up, this easy sugar cookie recipe is for you. This is the best sugar cookie recipe because the dough mixes together quickly with just 7 simple ingredients that are probably already in your pantry, and it’s just firm enough to make it really easy to cut out into fun shapes. They are perfect for any occasion and make the perfect cutouts for Christmas cookies!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons buttermilk (or milk)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract (if using).
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- If the dough is too dry, add buttermilk (or milk) one tablespoon at a time until it comes together.
- Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with the bottom of a glass or your fingers.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.
How to cook Easy Sugar Cookies:
- Dal Tadka: The Perfect Comfort Food for a Flavorful Meal 11:16, Jun 01, 2023
- Raspberry Jam: Health Benefits and Recipes for Healthy Treats 16:14, Jul 10, 2023
- Can we cook jalapenos? 17:09, Apr 09, 2023
- Christmas Brunch Ideas: American-Style Cinnamon Rolls 17:35, Dec 06, 2023
- What is Aubergine Pizza in Hindi 11:31, May 16, 2023
- Aglio e Olio Pasta: A Burst of Flavors from Italy to Satisfy Indian Taste Buds 11:23, May 20, 2023
- What Is Ruby Chocolate 15:23, Apr 06, 2023
- 10 Quick and Easy Meal Prep Ideas for Busy Weekdays 11:56, May 14, 2023