Butter Murukku Recipe | White Chakli - Butter Chakli | Benne Chakli with detailed photo and video recipe. Basically, a simple and easy deep-fried snack made especially during festivals like Diwali, Ganesh Chaturthi, and Krishna Janmashtami. It is known for its butter-like texture and more importantly white in color making it an interesting snack. Compared to other traditional chaklis, it is soft and tender in nature.
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/4 cup urad dal flour (black gram flour)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- Water, as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, melted butter, sesame seeds, asafoetida, and salt.
- Gradually add water and knead the mixture into a smooth, pliable dough. The consistency should be firm yet smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Fix the murukku press with a star-shaped holed disc. Place a portion of the dough into the murukku press.
- Once the oil is hot, press the murukku maker directly over the oil in a circular motion to form concentric circles or swirls.
- Fry until the murukkus turn golden brown and become crisp. Ensure they are cooked evenly on both sides.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the murukkus from the oil and place them on paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Allow the butter murukku to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
How to cook Butter Murukku:
- How Many Calories Are In 100g Of Potatoes? 11:11, May 14, 2023
- Candy and Calories: Important Information for Sweet Lovers 10:27, May 16, 2023
- Ham Glaze Recipe 14:31, Apr 20, 2023
- Whats A Good Lazy Dinner 17:25, Apr 27, 2023
- How Many Calories In a Good Sized Banana 11:23, May 14, 2023
- What Is Strawberry Syrup Made Of 10:58, Apr 27, 2023
- Aloo Bukhara: Unveiling the Health Benefits and Culinary Delights 17:28, Jun 05, 2023
- How to Make Bibimbap: Step-by-Step Guide to this Flavorful Korean Dish 11:39, May 16, 2023