Vodka Penne Pork Ragu
Vodka Penne Pork Ragu | The ultimate comfort food!! This is one of my absolute favourite pasta dishes, its Vodka Penne with a bit of a twist- I’ve added some pork sausage from Dunnes Stores to give the creamy sauce a meaty ragu!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g sausage meat, removed from skin
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tbsp vodka
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 250ml double cream
- 350g penne pasta
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Large handful flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the sausage and using a wooden spoon break it up into smaller pieces, fry for 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Add the fennel seeds to this along with the garlic.
2. Add the vodka followed by the tomatoes, tomato purée and cream, stirring to combine. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little. Season to taste with sea salt & black pepper.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil. Season with salt and once boiled, add the penne pasta, cooking according to packed instructions. Once the pasta has cooked, stir it through the sauce with the sausage meat. Add a little of the pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce if required. Serve in bowls topped with the parmesan, parsley, and black pepper.
How to cook Vodka Penne Pork Ragu:
- Stay Cool and Caffeinated: Discover the Best Cold Coffee Creations 10:51, Jun 01, 2023
- The Ultimate Guide to Cooking Perfect Pasta Every Time 12:04, May 14, 2023
- Homemade Happiness: Crafting Festive Christmas Candies with Love 17:38, Nov 29, 2023
- Aloo Gobi Recipe: A Mouthwatering Combination of Potatoes and Cauliflower 11:37, May 23, 2023
- Is Porterhouse A Good Cut Of Steak 12:23, Apr 22, 2023
- Kimchi Rice Balls Recipe 12:41, May 01, 2023
- Healthy and Nutritious Avial: A Wholesome Blend of Vegetables in Coconut Sauce 11:55, May 16, 2023
- Irresistible Scone Recipes: A Perfect Treat for Any Time of Day 10:29, May 17, 2023