Grandmas Custard Pie with Orange Cream
Grandmas custard pie with orange cream: how to make it perfect!
- 260g (2 1/4 cups) of all-purpose flour
- 110g (1/2 cup) of sugar
- 130g (1/2 cup) of butter
- A pinch of salt
- Orange (zest)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 520ml (2 cups) of milk
- 1 orange (peel)
- 4 egg yolks
- 210g (1 cup) of sugar
- 60g (1/2 cup) of cornstarch
- 1 orange (juice)
- 1 tsp of vanilla sugar
- Milk for brushing
- Pine nuts
- Powdered sugar
1. In a bowl add the flour, sugar, butter, and mix to obtain a sandy mixture. Add the orange (zest), egg, and egg yolk and incorporate them until obtain a smooth and compact dough. Wrap in cling film and transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. In a saucepan add the milk and orange (peel) and bring it to a boil. Remove from the heat.
3. In a bowl add the egg yolks, and sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves. Add the cornstarch and continue whisking. Pour the milk with orange (peel) and whisk to combine.
4. Transfer to the saucepan and then remove the orange peel. Add the orange (juice) and vanilla sugar and mix until cream thickness. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
5. Transfer the dough to the working surface and divide the shortcrust pastry into two parts. Roll out the one half and transfer to the cake mold (20cm - mold size) spreading it evenly on all sides raising the edges. Prick the bottom with the fork.
6. Pour the cream into the mold with pastry and close with another rolled half pressing with the fingers on all sides to seal it well. Transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. After time has elapsed prick the top part with the fork, brush with milk, and sprinkle pine nuts on top. Transfer to the oven and bake at 180°C/360°F for 40 minutes.
8. Serve the cake on the serving dish and decorate it with powdered sugar.
How to cook Grandmas Custard Pie with Orange Cream:
- Indulge in the Creamy Goodness of Paneer Bhurji: A Must-Try Recipe 12:53, May 22, 2023
- How to Store Ginger 20:09, Apr 12, 2023
- How to Cook Habaneros 17:25, Apr 09, 2023
- What Food Can You Not Freeze 09:29, Apr 11, 2023
- How to Use Cinnamon Sticks 17:02, Apr 09, 2023
- Filet Mignon Steak Recipe 12:06, Apr 22, 2023
- What Are The Health Benefits of Dates? 10:22, May 03, 2023
- Satisfy Your Cravings with Our Lip-Smacking Butter Chicken Recipe 09:42, May 24, 2023