Fried Ice Cream
How to cook Fried Ice Cream:
The most delicious oxymoron out there! Enjoy cold and creamy vanilla ice cream that’s been coated in a crunchy crust and then fried. It’s a unique dessert that is sure to please.
• 1 pint vanilla ice cream, divided into 4 round balls
• 2 eggs beaten
• 2 cups corn flakes sweetened, crushed
• 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
• Vegetable oil for frying
- Make 4 ice cream balls about the size of a small orange and place them on a sheet or plate. Set in freezer to firm up for at least 1 hour.
- In one dish, beat eggs. In another mix together crushed corn flakes, coconut flakes and cinnamon.
- After the ice cream balls have firmed up, remove from freezer and roll them one at a time into the crushed corn flake mixture, then the beaten egg then back into the mixture of corn flakes and cinnamon.
- Place them back on the sheet and into the freezer to solidify for another 1-2 hours. The trick to successfully frying ice cream is very solid ice cream.
- To fry, preheat at least 4 inches of cooking oil in a deep dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot. Working in batches, carefully lower the balls into the oil and flash fry for about 20 seconds until they have become more golden. Remove from oil and enjoy immediately or re-freeze.