How to cook Strawberry cookies:
- 130g (3/4 cup) of butter 120g (1 1/4 cups) of powdered sugar 1 egg 1 lemon (zest) 300g (2 1/2 cups) of all-purpose flour Strawberries Powdered sugar
For the cream: 500ml (2 cups) of milk Vanilla extract 4 egg yolks 100g (1/2 cup) of sugar 40g (1/2 cup) of corn starch
- In a bowl put the butter into small pieces together with the icing sugar. Mix with a wooden spoon to obtain a buttercream. Add the egg and the grated lemon zest and stir until the egg is completely absorbed.
- Add all the flour and knead with your hands. When you have obtained a loaf, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan pour the milk and also add the vanilla extract. Heat the milk over very low heat and remove it from the heat.
- In a bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar and corn starch. Slowly pour the part of the hot milk into the yolk mixture.
- Pour everything back into the saucepan. Put the cream back on the heat and stir the custard continuously until it is thick.
- After the resting time, take the shortcrust pastry back, thin it with a rolling pin, and with a mold cut it into discs of even number.
- Put the biscuits on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake them in a static oven at 180 ° for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Place half of the shortcrust pastry discs on a cutting board. Arrange a custard and the chopped strawberries and close with another disc.
- Decorate with powdered sugar.