Air fryer apple fries
How to cook Air fryer apple fries:
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
- In a sealable bag, add in flour, powdered sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Shake to combine.
- Peel the apples. Cut 1/2 inch slices off, leaving the core behind. Cut each of these down into the shape of French fries.
- Add the apple slices to the bag of dry coating and seal. Shake and coat the apple pieces.
- Place coated apple fries in the air fryer making sure there is space in between each piece. Work in batches so there is no crowding. Lightly spritz with oil.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Flip over and spritz if needed. Bake for another 5 minutes or until the coating is more golden.
- Remove from basket. let cool and serve with dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Apple Bourbon Caramel:
- 1 cup salted butter
- 2 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 5 tablespoons apple bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, pour in sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, and add in brown sugar.
- Using a whisk or rubber spatula, stir all ingredients over medium heat until it starts to simmer. Scrape the sides and bottom regularly.
- Let the sauce simmer until the temperature reaches 200-205 degrees. We are just making a sauce and so we need to simmer it long enough to get the granulation out, but not take it to soft ball stage.
- Once it has reached temperature, remove from heat and carefully stir in the vanilla, apple bourbon, and salt. Stir it until it is all well combined.
- Let cool and then pour into jars for storage. Shelf stable for up to 1 month.