Square stuffed cheese bread
How to cook Square stuffed cheese bread:
For the dough:
- 500g (3 cups) flour
- 7g (2 tsp) dry yeast
- 250ml (1 cup) warm water
- 250ml (1 cup) warm milk
- 15g (1 tbsp) sugar
- 3g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 80g (1/3 cup) melted butter
For the filling:
- 3 potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 90g cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl combine flour, yeast, salt, sugar, warm water, and milk.
- Start mixing the ingredients with a spatula, then continue to knead the dough with your hands.
- When the dough becomes elastic, transfer it onto a working surface and continue kneading for 3-4 minutes.
- Form a ball and put it into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap or kitchen cloth and let rise for 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough onto a working surface and divide into 6-8 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Arrange dough balls into a baking pan brushed with melted butter. Cover with plastic wrap or kitchen cloth and let sit for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl combine mashed potatoes and shredded cheese.
- Brush your hands and working surface with melted butter. Put a dough ball on the surface and shape it into a thin circle with your hands.
- Spoon potato-cheesy mixture in the center and cover the filling with the dough from each side forming a square shape. Continue with the remaining dough and filling. Let the squares sit for 15 minutes.
- Put a square on a working surface brushed with melted butter and brush it with butter as well.
- Press it with your hands to form a bigger square. Continue with the remaining squares.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Brush it with melted butter, put the bread in the pan, and brush it also with melted butter.
- Fry for a minute or two, then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Brush the bread with butter and flip again. Cook until golden on both sides. Continue with the remaining squares.
- Serve and enjoy!.
4:7 Bread recipes